arbor lodging management
At Arbor Lodging Management, our employees are essential to our success. We all strive to live by the Arbor Lodging Guiding Principles, which set the tone for how we treat each other and our guests.
We also go the extra mile to ensure our people feel recognized and properly rewarded. We offer a wide variety of benefits, bonus and recognition programs, and competitive salaries. And our employees respond; we have more than a 75% participation rate in our 401K.
ARBOR LODGING PARTNERS
Arbor Lodging Partners was founded on the principle of uniting the best practices of enterprising hotel operators and sophisticated institutional investors to effectively underwrite and execute value-add opportunities in the lodging space. Today, Arbor Lodging Partners is primarily involved in three lines of business:
- Investments – Arbor Lodging Partners, with joint venture capital partners, acquires underperforming hotels that can be enhanced through renovations and the implementation of operational efficiencies to provide attractive returns.
- Loan Acquisitions – Arbor Lodging Partners, with joint venture capital partners, acquires loans secured by hotels that can be restructured with the existing borrower to provide attractive returns.
- Management – Arbor Lodging Partners’ management affiliate, Arbor Lodging Management, manages hotel operations for assets in the Arbor Lodging Partners portfolio, as well as hotels owned by third-parties.
Arbor Lodging Partners’ investment philosophy is simple: create exceptional value. By adhering to its established and tested underwriting methods, Arbor Lodging Partners has built a strong track record of identifying and capitalizing on lodging investment opportunities that create exceptional value. Arbor Lodging Partners’ underwriting methods are based on the firm’s, and its professionals’, experience in developing, acquiring, financing, operating and managing hotel assets. The principles underlying Arbor Lodging Partners’ investment philosophy are:
- Invest with Discipline: Arbor Lodging Partners’ investment strategy is based on a disciplined focus of pursuing opportunities with key characteristics that will ultimately generate attractive risk-adjusted investment returns. The diverse and experienced backgrounds of the Arbor Lodging Partners professionals enable Arbor Lodging Partners to thoroughly evaluate and understand the key drivers of value creation in hotel investments and structure and execute transactions in an efficient manner.
- Active Leadership: To meet guest satisfaction and financial performance goals, Arbor Lodging Partners, through its affiliate Arbor Lodging Management, works closely with hotel staff and supports them with a high level of energy, leadership and commitment. Arbor Lodging Partners strongly believes that guest satisfaction is the key to profitability; as a result, it monitors very closely the level of service provided in the hotels in its portfolio and the value that is provided to guests. Arbor Lodging Partners has an intimate knowledge of each of its hotels and the communities that they serve through constant communication with hotel staff, multiple property visits and extensive reporting required of the hotel operations teams.
- Operate with Integrity: Operating with integrity is at the core of everything that Arbor Lodging Partners does. Arbor Lodging Partners treats the resources of its investment partners as its own and seeks to conduct business in an honest and fair manner. Arbor Lodging Partners recognizes that key opportunities will continue to present themselves only if Arbor Lodging Partners acts responsibly and sustains the respect of its investment partners and others in the hospitality industry.
Arbor Lodging Partners is targeting opportunities that exhibit the following characteristics:
- Underperforming with value – add potential
- Discount to intrinsic value and/or replacement cost
- Downside protection and long-term capital preservation
- Ability to reposition with targeted capital expenditure program
- Value creation through entrepreneurial asset management
When Vamsi and I met, we had no idea that we would one day start a business together. We were friends first, but later that friendship created the foundation of our business when we realized that we also shared similar views on how to identify opportunity, create value, and, most importantly, build a great team.
It is likely more than a coincidence that Vamsi and I met in High School. Those formative years significantly influenced the way we manage Arbor Lodging Management and why we think it’s a unique place to work. In school, our classes were taught around an oval table instead of in a lecture-style classroom. Classes were more of a conversation in which each person’s distinct voice was heard and considered equal. This way of identifying matters of importance, advancing dialogue, and identifying solutions left a deep impact on the way we think and operate. It was so impactful that it was inevitable that Arbor Lodging Management would one day operate this way. We are stronger as a team and at our best when everyone is contributing.
We started the company with just the two of us working out of a small, windowless office in New York. During the early years of the company, Vamsi and I wore multiple hats, took chances, and made our share of mistakes, but we always kept moving forward and reflected on our experiences to get better – a process that is still part of the way we do things at Arbor Lodging Management. We’re extremely proud of the growth we’ve experienced since our modest beginnings. Today we are a leading hotel management company with a national portfolio of hotels (we are approved for management by Marriott, Hilton, Starwood, and IHG), work with an incredible team of over 500 associates around the country, and are still hungry to get better by listening to everyone’s voice.
We look forward to continued growth and an exciting future!Sheenal Patel, CEO